Took my dad to see a recording of John Finnemore’s Souvenir Program and, of course, it was amazing! Snuck a few photos, quite pleased with them. Also, in Forbidden Planet I picked up a SIGNED and discounted copy of ‘The Hound of the D’urbervilles’ by Kim Newman, which I very much look forward to reading.
No. Not in the mood today. No no.
Too sad to do anything. Went straight back to happy Fitton days instead.
Off to have an Arthur Shappey moment in the bathtub.
*quietly crying in the corner*
Wanted to listen to Just a Minute to cheer me up, but that´s another BBC series. BBC series never end well.
Don´t expect anything funny from me in the next days.
Fizz! Buzz! Quiz for all the people not in Milan this weekend
(John Finnemore checking if he did indeed misnumber one of the questions). Photo by johnfinnemoressouvenirprogramme
So… These are the questions from the brilliant Fizz! Buzz! Quiz hosted by the one and only John Finnemore (oh hang on, there are more of them. Well, that bloke off of Miranda one) at EuroAirdotCon in Milan!
This is all being posted with permission from John. I walked up to him (slightly shaking) and he said it was fine and seemed amused about me suggesting to put them up as an actual quiz.
Hope you have as much fun as we did, especially since he rewrote it on Saturday night to make it harder for us really obsessive people that have every episode memorized. There are some that are basically impossible to answer!
I will be posting them in 3 seperate posts, and the answers somewhere next week.
This is because it are a lot of questions and because we had 3 rounds as well ;)
Please send in your answers via ask, submit or ask for my email privately and I will make a tally and think of something to give to the winner!
So, pens at the ready, go and also action!
Cabin Pressure: A-Z: The BBC Radio 4 airline sitcom: Amazon.co.uk: John Finnemore, Benedict Cumberbatch, Stephanie Cole, Full Cast: Books
Buy Cabin Pressure: A-Z: The BBC Radio 4 airline sitcom by John Finnemore, Benedict Cumberbatch, Stephanie Cole, Full Cast (ISBN: 9781910281994)Every episode of the hit BBC Radio 4 airline sitcom is collected together in this special box set, including the Christmas special final episode and several bonus features.
Look! Loooook! A release date! January 15th 2015!
(I have already pre-ordered! :D)
John’s spelling of Qikiqtarjuaq
Which team were you on? What did you score? Also; are those scores out of 10?
We were team “yellow car” the first day and on the second we had a new member so then we changed into “yellow side car”. We came second by 1 point.
I didn’t count the points we could score (for some questions we could get 2 points) but it was about 30 points and the highest score was 17… it was really hard… - edit - I’ve just been told it’s 33 points!
The 6 winners all got a signed page from 6 different scripts.
Team yellow side car
I can see your winkie
Least impressive troupe…
Contaminated by silliness
It’s ok if you don’t know
If only we had a better memory
Quick impression of Euroairdotcon. I didn’t take many pictures, I was busy having so much fun!! Love all you brilliant people!
Including: The world’s best troupe of lemon jugglers, the drawing we made + Arthur Shappey’s official seal of approval on it, and MJN spelled with bodies!
Next stop: Zürich!
My highlights from this weekend include (but are definitely not limited to):
- visiting Italy for the first time and exploring Milan with you-know-nothing-of-javert on a sunny day
- the pretty EuroAirdotCon passes that we all wore proudly!
- meeting so many many lovely Fandot people!
- John Finnemore’s Q&A with lots of new and interesting facts about Cabin Pressure
- our ‘Guess the Airline’ game with rather creative answers
- the photo shoot with John Finnemore - our photos turned out SO WELL! Thank you zeropuntosedici !
- Cosplaying with you-know-nothing-of-javert for the photo shoot and Josy whispering ‘Scream if you wanna go faster!’ to John Finnemore before it was taken
- a lovely lovely dinner with the staff from euroairdotcon at a great restaurant!
- ranting about Oxford Street in London with John Finnemore
- buying an amazing book from redfrypan and get it signed by John Finnemore
- the Fizz Buzz quiz (which was seriously tough! We got 8 out of 10 in the first round and ended up with only 10 out of 25 points in total!)
- autographs from John Finnemore
- mentioning ‘that friend from Hawaii’ more than a few times and John Finnemore recording a short video for her! fractionallyfoxtrot I wish you could have been there!
- the way John Finnemore came back to tell us that Zürich would be split in two parts and then staying for another hour!
- singing with iwanttotieyourshoe while John Finnemore recorded it! :o
I am so glad I was able to attend the first Cabin Pressure Convention ever and am so looking forward to attending Round 2 next year? Fingers crossed!